It’s World Water Day today, so what better a time to talk about water cleansers?! There isn’t one frankly.
Cleansing waters have become super-popular lately due to the sudden vogue for micellar waters, probably sparked by our now easy access to the backstage area at fashion week and every makeup artist in the world’s love for Bioderma.
Why are micellar waters so great? Well basically because the ‘micelles’, which are tiny spherical liquid crystals, can trap quantities of oil, meaning they’re great for removing makeup and other grime from your face. Excellent if you’re not a fan of going through the process of face washing at night, and way better than using wipes. Apart from that though they don’t seem too different from any other type of water cleanser – all of which are gentle, but really effective in taking off the day’s dirt, and sometimes contain pretty things like rosewater so they smell beautiful too.
We’ve put together an edit of some of our favorites below – and for more about World Water Day, check out unwater.org.
- La Prairie Cellular Cleansing Water for Eye and Face, £61
- Codage Purifying micellar water, £23
- Bioderma Sebium H20 – Micelle Solution, prices start at £4.50
- B. Pure Micellar Water, £4.99
- Darphin Azahar Cleansing Micellar Water, £23
- La Roche-Posay Physiological Micellar Solution, £11.50
- Dior Instant Cleansing Water, £24
- Clarins Water purify one-step cleanser, £19.50
- Decleor Aroma Cleanse Soothing Micellar Water with Rose Essential Oil, £18.50